Myrtle Beach SC Vacation Packages Require Sunscreen!
There are plenty of great Myrtle Beach SC vacation packages for an amazing vacation to the Grand Strand. With more than 60 miles of beautiful golden sand coastline, the beach is by far the biggest highlight of a Grand Strand vacation. But with any vacation to the beach sunscreen is an absolute must-have. It’s easy to lie out on the beach all day and not realize how much sun you are getting. Don’t get burned during your Myrtle Beach vacation. Follow this simple tips and information about sunscreen and have a safe vacation to the coast!
- Sunscreen should be applied to clean, dry skin about thirty minutes before a person goes out in the sun. This gives the skin the proper amount of time to absorb the sunscreen.
- Make sure to get sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays, is at least a 30 SPF, and is waterproof.
- You need to use about one once of sunscreen (about a shot glass) to cover the exposed parts of the body.
- Sunscreen should be reapplied about every two hours if you are swimming or sweating outside even if the sunscreen is waterproof.
- Sunscreen should be replaced every three years, and budget brands tend to be just as good as expensive sunscreens.
- Just because its overcast doesn’t mean you should skimp on sunscreen. 80 per cent of ultra-violet radiation is still present even on cloudy days.
- The sun is the strongest between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Sand, concrete and water can reflect the suns rays so if you are out on the beach you could be getting double exposure.
Stay sure during a Myrtle Beach vacation and make sure to wear plenty of sunscreen. Nothing is worse than being stuck in your hotel room during vacation because you are sunburnt. Make sure to check Springmaid Beach Resort for last minute deals to Myrtle Beach for an amazing getaway!